All personal information collected and used from the motoXads site will be processed in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
In order to place an advertisement on the motoXads web site, you will need to register. We will require you to supply your name, e-mail address, postal address and postcode. You will also be required to supply payment details and your bike details. Registrants are also presented with the option of supplying their mobile number and the make and model of any bikes owned. Credit Card information is collected over a secure connection by PayPal which is an external company. We will never hold any of your credit card details.
In order to conduct a bike search on the motoXads web site, we will require you to supply an area and a selection of identifying criteria matching your chosen bike, for example make, model and price.
USE OF INFORMATION
motoXads is part of the ORSpublishing group and information supplied in this site may be shared with other group companies.
On occasions ORSpublishing run promotions in which personal information is collected. We will always ask you if you agree to this and advise you if this information may be shared with a third party. You will always be asked to provide your consent to this use by opting in.
We have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. As a consequence - we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information.
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other agencies. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to motoXads and rectify any inaccuracies on the information held. Further enquiries should be made to email@example.com
If you wish to access your personal details as held by motoXads, a charge of £15 will be made.
Amendments and Updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect.
Telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of a bike advertisement will be published within the relevant advertisement for the duration of the booking, to enable a potential buyer to contact the seller.
Credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. motoXads retains no record of credit card details.
County and bike information are collected in order to provide a relevant match of bikes against a specified search. The inclusion of the counties enables us to provide the potential buyer with a range of bikes within a chosen locality, rather than vehicles randomly spread throughout the country.
Email addresses are collected in order to send registrants their chosen password, providing them with online access to their registration details (available within the users Account section on the website). The user can access this information at any time in order to update their details. Other registration information is collected in order:
1. To generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the motoXads web site. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the site as well as ensuring that automotive trade advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock or promotions on the site.
2. To limit access to the full range of fields within the search form in order to maintain an overall faster search facility. By providing limited access to all our search fields, notably free text entry boxes, we are able to limit the impact on the performance of our search engine during periods of intense user activity. Whilst all users gain unhindered access to the key database fields, (such as Make and Model) fields that generate more intensive database processing (such as free text fields), are limited to those users who register.
When you visit our web site we issue a "cookie" or unique identification code that enables us to recognise your computer and store settings to help facilitate your use of our site.
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as:
• the ability to pre-fill the search forms, thus preventing the need to re-input it each time you need to run a search.
• unhindered access to all the fields within our advanced search settings.
• ready access to an online record on past advertisements you may have placed via the site.
• access to our E-alert functionality.
In addition, the cookie will enable motoXads to better understand what you are interested in based on the pages you visit and the actions you take. This means that the adverts that will be served to you will be more relevant, and that you are more likely to receive highly relevant emails and offers if you have consented to hear from us.
If your computer is cookie enabled we are also able to limit the number of occasions you are exposed to certain display advertisements on our site (such as banners and pop-up boxes). On most occasions this will mean you never see the same pop-up advertisement more than twice each time you visit the Auto Trader web site.
Please note you need to enable cookies in your browser in order to place an advert. For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
1. To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the motoXads web site (see above).
2. To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of bikes on the site. Such information enables us to better target advertising at users searching for specific vehicles.
3. To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our site. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the site that are generating the greatest consumer demand.
Third Party Cookies
We also use third party cookies on our site for various purposes, as detailed below:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Use of data link from registration page
Why are we collecting this information?
We ask for your address for two reasons:
1. When you have logged onto the site, your county will automatically populate the county box on the search form. All search results will automatically be displayed with those closest to your home first, until you choose to sort your search results using different criteria e.g. price.
2. Your address allows us to send you updates on our site and/or offers from our partners, provided you have opted to receive such notifications in stage 4 of this registration process.
Your mobile number
Collecting your mobile number will enable us to provide you with SMS vehicle alerts, should you choose to accept them. These alerts will provide you with notification by SMS on any new vehicles ads you have requested to be told about as they first appear onto the site.
Offensive or misleading adverts or content
If you notice any offensive or unsuitable adverts or content on motoXads.co.uk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org